Projected Digital Images (PDI):
1. Images should be a maximum of 1400 by 1050 pixels in size – i.e. the maximum dimensions are 1400 pixels wide by 1050 pixels high assuming a landscape format image. For a portrait format image the maximum height is still 1050 pixels but the width will be less (than 1050) – see diagramatic representation below;
2. File size should be kept below 4 Mbytes;
3. Files MUST be in jpg (JPEG) fomat;
4. Colourspace should be set to sRGB;
5. Mode should be set to RGB Colour;
6. The filename should be in the following format “TITLE by name.jpg”;The Title is the Title of the image in UPPERCASE – then ONE space – by(lowercase) -One space, Name(Title Case).jpg – This is jpg and not jpeg AND the jpg IS lowercase.
So it will look like A WATERFALL IN WINTER by Ray Reeder.jpg
All PDI’s will be placed on the website and the filename will be displayed as the title.
Club rules Section 11 ii f and g deal with entering prints in internal competitions. They state:
f. The size limits of the image in print competitions shall be:
i. Minimum – 17.5 cm x 12.5 cm or 218.75 cm2
ii. Maximum – 50 cm x 40 cm or 2000 cm2
g. Prints must be mounted in a format determined by the Committee. The maximum size of 50 cm x 40 cm or 2000 cm2 shall apply to mounts at all levels. The member’s name and title or description must be clearly shown at the top of the reverse side of the mount. Members’ names are not permitted on the front of the print.
The print should be mounted on card or another suitably stiff material. There should be no glass, plastic or any other material over the face of the image itself.